This chocolatey treat is really moist and satisfying. It’s healthier as well- so ticks all the boxes.
The ingredients for this cake were originally supplied by Bakedin, but this recipe works equally as well.
- 1 ¾ cups self-rising flour
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1 cup water
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup vanilla Greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1) Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees).
- 2) Sift flour, cocoa powder, and salt together in a bowl. Mix sugar, water, eggs, Greek yogurt, and vanilla extract together in another bowl using an electric mixer.
- 3) Gradually add the flour-cocoa mixture into the bowl with the yogurt mixture. Mix until well blended. Pour batter into two 9-inch cake pans.
- 4) Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the centers comes out clean, 30 to 35 minutes.
Once baked, you can decorate in any you like- it was Easter, so I decorated with chocolate swirls and mini Easter eggs.