Happy Friday! A little while ago I was inspired to make this yummy toffee apple and salted pretzel rocky road. It’s ideal for when you just need something sweet.
Here is the recipe (by John Whaite) if you want to give it a go this weekend!
- 250g dark chocolate (60–70% cocoa solids), broken into chunks
- 100g milk chocolate, broken into chunks
- 125g salted butter
- 1tbsp golden syrup
- 50g mini marshmallows
- 100g caramel/toffee wafers (stroopwafel), roughly chopped
- 100g hazelnuts, roughly chopped
- 100g salted pretzels, roughly crushed
- 100g dried apple, roughly chopped
- Line a 20cm square cake tin with baking paper.
- Put both the chocolates, butter and the golden syrup into a medium saucepan and set over medium-low heat. Stirring frequently, allow everything to melt together into a smooth, chocolatey pool.
- Put all the remaining ingredients into a large mixing bowl.
- Pour the chocolate mixture into the mixing bowl and stir so that everything is evenly mixed and coated in the chocolate.
- Scoop into the prepared cake tin, press down to level and refrigerate for an hour or until set solid. Cut into the desired number and sized pieces.